Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Why I am running: Glen Vawdrey

The Question is, why am I running for city council?
The reason that I am running for re-election to the Highland City Council is that I believe that those who have gone before me have had a vision for what they wanted Highland to be like at build out. I like what Highland has become and I feel that I share this same vision as those who have planned this city since incorporation. I believe that people are attracted to this area because of our large lots, many parks and the open space that the city has acquired that will never be developed. Highland has been a wonderful place to raise my family and I have no plans of ever leaving.
There are many projects that have been started that I would like to see completed. The Fire Station, Justice Center / Police station, and the new City Hall that will house our new Library. All of these Buildings are scheduled to be completed within the next year. We are also working on a sports park so that our youth will have a place to play Pony League Baseball, football, girls softball, soccer, lacrosse and other sports.
The general plan is being updated and we have many important issues to consider, some of which are transportation, affordable housing, senior housing and commercial development. The possible widening of SR-92 and 4800 West will have a definite impact upon our community.
I have served faithfully for four years on the council and before that I served for seven years on the Planning Commission. My desire to serve is because of my love for the city. I have no land to develop or personal agenda that I am trying to push through. I want to run on my record and encourage the residents to study the issues and vote for those who will represent each of you the best. I feel that I have represented the majority of Highland during my term as Councilman and promise to do so in the future if given the opportunity.
With my experience, commitment, work ethic, integrity and the willingness to listen and study the issues, I feel that I am qualified to continue serving on the Highland City Council and would appreciate your support on the sixth of November.

Thank you,
Glen Vawdrey

No comments: