Monday, October 22, 2007

Why I am running: Larry Mendenhall

I believe in the same principles as did our Founding Fathers as they conceived and crafted the Constitution of The United States. The constitution was written to provide a framework to…… “promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity” ….. (Preamble to the Constitution of The United States).

Over the years, the many who have served the City of Highland have done so with dedication and integrity. The product of their efforts is evident throughout the City. There have been and will continually be growing pains. Viewscapes will change. The old will come down and be replaced with new. Highland is a vibrant City. Highland is not just “bedroom communitiy”. The responsibility of those who serve the City of Highland, be it staff, appointed, or elected officials, is to be ever vigilant and to “promote the general welfare”, by doing all they can do to meet the needs of the residents of Highland.

I feel that my significant background and experience in business and my involvement, as Chairman of the Planning Commission, in the ongoing growth challenges facing Highland City has helped me develop and hone a skillset that uniquely qualifies me to speak and act effectively for the Citizens of Highland whether it be zoning and development, fiscal responsibility, or City management.

I have the qualifications and the desire to serve. I will be…”a voice of reason”.

No comments: