Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Why I am running: Jay Haws

Why am I running? Two reasons!

1. Because we need Highland! My father used to say “birds of a feather flock together” meaning people of like mind tend to associate with one another. We believe that most of us moved here with a similar purpose in mind and that purpose is to raise our family in a nurturing environment that provides safety, security, opportunity and room to grow. We hope we will be allowed to do this without unreasonable restrictions placed on us by our elected officials and that they will recognize us as intelligent, caring people who know what’s best for our families.

2. Because Highland needs us! I believe that I am the only candidate who is committed to maintaining and insuring the continuation of these “reasons for gathering here”. All the other candidates have committed themselves, through their participation in the update of the General Plan, to high density zoning which allows five to eight dwelling units per acre and boasts of apartments above retail space. Someone needs to say with emphasis “this is not who we are”. I am that person. No other person in Highland is as prepared for this challenge as I am because of my experience working with and for the residents of Highland and my understanding of why and how things get done.

Please vote for me so I can vote for you!!

No comments: